Thursday, February 10, 2011

Senses Poetry


Today the students wrote poems based on our five senses of smell, taste, sight, touch and hear. They chose a topic and then used this format to compose them:

I smell...
I see...
I taste...
I feel...
I hear...


Here are some examples from the students:

I hear the loud guns firing,
I see the ancient pyramids crumbling,
I smell the tearing skin,
I feel the hot sand,
I taste the fuming smoke and not a drop of water.
By James

I see the beautiful blue sea,
I feel the cool water lapping at my feet,
I hear the seagulls squawking,
I taste the salty cool air,
I smell the beautiful warm sand.
By Declan

I feel the ice melting in my hand,
I smell the cold breeze,
I see the cold snow,
I taste the cold snow,
I hear the wolves howl.
By Nora

School
I smell the fresh air,
I see happy kids playing,
I taste my yummy lunch,
I feel the cold bars as I do tricks on the play ground,
I hear the happy kids laughing on the play ground.
By Erin

Snow
I smell the slippery ice,
I see the good water,
I taste the frozen islands,
I feel the excellent snow flakes,
I hear the wonderful waves.
By Wil

If you would like to publish your poem, leave as a comment or email Tim!

No comments:

Post a Comment